Thursday, October 7, 2010

Assignment 3.0 - Precedent Studies







My precedent studies were on two separate libraries.  The first was a library in the Greensboro library branches, the Kathleen-Clay Edwards Library located off of New Garden Rd. in Greensboro, NC.  The other was the Viipuri library in Russia that was originally designed by Alvar Alto.  Without realizing it, the two libraries turned out to be similar to one another.  Both were built within parks, emphasized light and had specific areas for children.  The first 3 images are from the Viipuri library, floorplans, a sunlight diagram I created from the information I found on the libraries skylight's.  I also created an image diagramming the figure/ground adjacencies, along with the vehicular and pedestrian circulation around  both libraries.  I also took photographs of the Greensboro library and included the ones I thought my helpful to record for my precedent.  2 floorplans of the Kathleen Clay Library and another diagram which lists to features of both libraries.

No comments: